Monday 4 April 2011

Germany

Hello!

I'm now in Austria, so here's what happened in the rest of Germany:

I've been cycling along the 'Donau Radweg' (the Danube Cyclepath) for the last few days. I left Ulm and have passed through the cities of Ingolstadt, Regensburg and Passau as well as lots of small towns and villiages. The German towns are gorgeous, really well looked after, lovely buildings and restaurants. The Germans obviously love their cycling too and at the weekend, the Radweg was completely packed with cyclists.  A lot of them on tours. Also saw a few Cloisters, with amaying churches and other buildings but more importantly their own beer that they brew themselves. The beers are absolutely delicious!

I've cycled with a few different people since Ulm. First a guy called Christian who cycles 6,000 km a year and grew up in East Germany after the war. Was realy interesting speaking to him about how different it was for him then. I cycled with him for an afternoon andleft him at Donauwörth, where he had to turn roud. The next day I met a guy called Micheal, who has cycled in 35 countries and has been to a lot of the places I am going to. He gave me some good advice and bought me a drink! Today I met a couple who are on their way to Tibet on their bikes to cycle the Friendship Highway to Nepal - amazing. I've cycled this afternoon with a guy called Julius on his way to Istanbul so may end up with him for a few days.

Germany was a really great country to ride through. I got a mixture of the people and beautiful scenery as well as some good food and great weather, except for one day where I got soaked. In austria now and the first day has been beautidul but it's absolutely tipped it down. I'm in Linz at the moment and I reckon I'll be in Vienna the day after tomorrow (in time for Man U - Chelsea champions league).

I'll upload some more Stats when I work them out, should have internet again in a couple of days.

Thats all for now

1 comment:

  1. Tom, I love it how this entire blog sounds like the back of a postcard!

    ReplyDelete